A dispute can come in all shapes and sizes. It’s impossible to list them all but here are a few examples:
- A company suing a private person for not paying an invoice;
- Neighbours who fall out over a right of way;
- Two companies disputing the terms of a contract or other agreement.
A “dispute” therefore is two or more parties who cannot agree on something. This is where a dispute resolution solicitor comes in. A dispute can be resolved in a number of ways; the most common ways are:
- Litigation (i.e. going to court);
- Adjudication; or
- Other settlement negotiations (often between lawyers trying to hammer out a deal by letters, meetings or telephone).
Our dispute resolution lawyers are experts at getting the job done; whether you are looking for a hard-nosed litigator to take a case through court, or someone to use one of the other dispute resolution methods to achieve the result you are looking for.