- Quickly and efficiently advise you on the written terms
- Negotiate on your behalf if the deal is not good enough
- Normally we can do this on a fixed fee which your employer pays!
Take a look at the articles below (scroll down) for more information about settlement agreements. Feel free to email us with a question using the facility above.
What is a settlement agreement?
It is a legal document, between an employer and an employee which creates a contract of “settlement” between the parties. It is used by an employer to ensure the employee to does bring legal claims against the employer after termination. The employee is usually paid money in return for signing the agreement.
What do you do now?
Call us straight away on 0845 225 2635 and we can see you immediately or speak to you on the telephone. The good news is that often there is no fee for you at all!
When is a settlement agreement offered?
They are usually offered in one of the following circumstances:
- Where an employment tribunal is imminent or threatened, and the parties agree a deal;
- Where an employee is dismissed for a “fair” reason – such as redundancy – but the employer wants to be absolutely sure that the employee is not going to bring a claim; or
- Where an employer decides – for whatever reason – that they no longer wish to work with an employee but do not wish to follow the normal employment law procedures for dismissal.
They usually follow a similar format with standard clauses.
ACAS have produced some important guidance which is worth a read:
Settlement agreements solicitor Sheffield
Whether you are based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire or anywhere in the UK we are able to help. You do not need to come to the office in order to complete the agreement or get your advice.
We can complete your advice quickly and efficiently on the telephone, if you wish.