FREE Seminar – Preventing data theft and avoiding whopping great fines under the GDPR
“Data theft”, “whopping great fines”, “cyber-attacks”, “GDPR” – all scary scary things – but not for long!
Cyber security experts, Datamills (UK) Limited, and commercial law firm, Ironmonger Curtis Solicitors, have teamed up to provide a FREE specialist seminar on the practical steps businesses can take to prevent data theft and to comply with the enhanced data protection requirements under the GPDR.
Toby Pochron (Associate Solicitor) of Ironmonger Curtis Solicitors will provide detailed practical guidance to cover:
- Data protection and why it matters;
- What is the GDPR anyway? – why is it good and why is it bad?;
- How to avoid getting (a whopping great) fine;
- Updating planning and procedures; and
- Five key practical steps to take now to demonstrate compliance.
Andrew Mills (Managing Director) of Datamills (UK) Limited will follow this with a comprehensive overview of Cyber Essentials and business protection, to cover:
- What is Cyber Essentials? (quick hint – is the government backed, industry approved scheme to help business protect against cyber-attacks – so you know it’s going to be good)
- The “Five Key Controls” and the two levels of certification;
- How to use Cyber Essentials to increase your business protection and show your customers that you give a hoot about their data; and
- How Cyber Essentials and avoiding data thefts can help your business access new revenue possibilities.
This is going to be a FREE session and is designed to be beneficial for businesses who are looking to put a cyber-security plan in place and who are looking to get moving with complying with the GDPR. The session will provide practical guidance on what to do right now with some straightforward and effective next steps.
The seminar will start and close with open networking, so please bring plenty of business cards. There will be a Q&A session at the end of the seminar. If you have any questions that you wish to put up for consideration please email these to email@example.com before Monday 9th October 2017.
Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment. Register your attendance here – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/preventing-data-theft-and-avoiding-whopping-great-fines-under-the-gdpr-tickets-37724541118
Date: Tuesday 10th October 2017
Registration and networking – 09:45am to 10:00am
Seminar – 10:00am to 11:15am
Q&A – 11:15am to 11:40am (ish)
Close and networking – 11:40am to 12:00pm
Location: The Hargreaves Suite, Abbeydale Sports Club, Abbeydale Road South, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S17 3L.
(Plenty of car parking at the venue or a 5 minute walk from Dore & Totley Train Station)
Complimentary tea, coffee and refreshments provided.